Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Smather’s Beach Top

Last year I had the absolute pleasure of testing a new top/dress for Plucky Butterfly Designs!  I had taken a little hiatus from blogging, well fallen off all together, but it’s time to get to work again!  When looking over summer wardrobes for this year I realized she outgrew the two tops and two dresses I made last year from the Smather’s Beach top/dress I had tested.  These were well worn last year and simply her favorite tops to wear with shorts, jeans and skirts. She wore them well into the fall with a cardigan over them or a top under them.  I am so sad to see them go and will be passing them along to a friends daughter who I know will love them and wear them as we did.  I have already printed out our next size up to cut and have pulled out several fabrics to start cutting for this summer.


Fabric from Dark Matter Fabrics





A few things I love about this pattern are how easy it goes together and that the top is lined and fits great.  This pattern has a great silouhette with a flare that’s just right!  This PDF pattern fits sizes 12 months- size 12 and has great directions with complementary photos and guidance. 


Fabric is Doodles Sloths from Jo Ann’s


Fabric is from a Knitpop Auction Box!  Auction boxes are available in the Facebook group.   I had no idea what I would ever do with this but she loved it and claimed it right away!  

So excited to make more of these for this summer!








No comments:

Post a Comment